Home. Improvement.


Marti Pearl and I moved into our home in August. I painted every room, and its absolutely beautiful now! For the first time, my little girl and I have a home of our own that is completely "us" ...Marti Pearl's room with the chalkboard walls, the "princess" bed, my room with the dark blue walls, the bright red dresser... its just perfect.

As a parent, I feel thrilled that I can provide this for my daughter. As a single mama, I feel thankful to the people who have made it possible. People who love us and care for us more than they even do themselves. When one of my closest friends told me that her parents would let us rent this place, I cried. The time could not have been more right. They've been such an amazing support to us. To have a home I take pride in, that I can pay for myself is so very important. They are making it possible for me to succeed, and they're giving me more freedom than I've ever expected.

I am so very blessed.

















2 comments:

January 17, 2010 at 1:20 PM maegan said...

i love the chalkboard EVERYTHING!

lol but you already know this.

your home is beautiful!

January 20, 2010 at 7:30 AM Rickey said...

Nice blog, Rickey likes! When you get a chance, check out Rickey's recent home improvement blog post. It's Rickey's first foray into the world of Bob Villa!