I'm still around!

Time for a proper update? I think so.

Sorry I've been gone for so long... I'm internet-less up in the woods! At first I enjoyed it... a good time to get my priorities back in order. (1. Kid 2. Work 3. Housework 4. Internet) I'm not going to say what order they were in before, but let's just say its been needing an overhaul. Truth be told, though, feeling disconnected really gets to you after a few days... and its definitely adding to the loneliness factor.

I'm stealing wireless in a nearby apartment complex while kiddo naps for a bit, and then I've got to work... I'm taking 12 kids to a church retreat in a different town this weekend... and bean girl is going with us (of course!) some people would say that's absolutely insane, and I would agree wholeheartedly with all of them. It will be an adventure to say the least... The jury is still out on whether or not I'll be traveling to visit husband-pants after that... I suppose it all depends on how exhausted we are.

Husband-pants loves his new job, and rightfully so! Its treated him well so far, especially today, when they sent him lovingly home (to the hotel) because of a fever. Turns out he has an upper respiratory infection... now sending him home because he's sick may not seem all that out of the ordinary to most, but his last job was not the same... if you were on your death bed, you better figure out a way to wheel it up to your cubicle. Missing work was a bigtime no-no. Anyhow, he's doing big things and feeling quite proud of himself... every time I talk to him he sounds like he's grown 10 feet... I'm not yet sure if that's because of the job, or just being in Texas.

Bean girl is really enjoying farm life. Our little cottage sits on a rather large working farm, complete with horses, chickens, some dogs and a few cats! Its really quite a treat for us, as its all fairly new! She's only flattened a chicken once, and for as many times as she's gone after them, I'd say that's pretty good... and he made it out ok... if not a little more cautious around fast-flying toddlers (as he should be!)

Planning the ever-important first birthday party has proved to be mighty time consuming... I'm enjoying it, though. I need to get everything set in stone this week, and I think I'll start to work on a Bean-sized tutu for the special day... all so much fun...

Anyhow, I'm sure the apartment-dwellers are starting to wonder about the car in the parking lot with the strange lady hunched over and trying to duck the sunlight... I'd hate to give the rent-a-cops reason to wake up Bean-girl, so we'll be going...

I promise we'll be back soon. In the meantime, send me lots of good thoughts and I'll do the same for you.

<3

0 comments: