New Years Resolution: Less talk, more action!

I've never been big on new years resolutions, but this year I made a huge one. I've always said that resolutions are made to be broken, so who knows how long I'll stick with it, but this year, I'm going to have sex with my husband every day.

Every... day.



I read this article in Glamour and was inspired... and while I really hope our ultimate outcome isn't another pregnancy (yikes!) I do hope we rediscover each other and grow close again.

Its January 4th and I've already questioned my resolve, but we've gotten into a rut I'm determined to get us out of. Every night we do the whole "sleep or sex?" thing... and honestly, sleep usually wins. We're parents... and even though Bean sleeps like a champ for the most part, its still nice to get a good 8 hours in!

Sex is important, though. In fact, I just don't think we've put enough emphasis on it so far. We went from being newlyweds to having Bean and we're putting all of our energy into taking care of her, instead of ourselves. Its a mistake all parents make, I'd like to think.

So I've resolved to have sex with my husband every day... to put away whatever arguments or frustrations we dealt with throughout the day, to give up my worries about the house, the bills, and the baby for just a little while. Honestly, I've slept better in the past four days than I have in months! And even more interesting is that my house is cleaner, and he's spending more time playing with Bean and hanging out with me.

I know it may sound crazy, but having sex with my husband may be improving my marriage. Who would've thought!?

7 comments:

January 4, 2008 at 9:58 AM Oz said...

Interesting resolution. I'm curious as to the outcome (in the least perverted way as possible :P). I'll have to think about this next time I'm in a long term relationship, as seeing my last relationship was kinda 'blah'. Perhaps telling my SO that we must have sex everyday will spice things up.

January 4, 2008 at 2:43 PM Rachael M. said...

Word of Advice:

Sex in the morning a) keeps you from having the chance to get mad at someone and thus losing desire and b) ends up making you happier through the whole day so that you don't end up getting mad as easily and then maybe you could go for round 2 later.

Just my two cents :-D

January 7, 2008 at 9:51 AM MarĂ­a said...

He is a lucky, lucky man and I have to be sure that my husband never sees this blog. Ever.

Great layout btw.
:)

January 8, 2008 at 8:20 AM bootsie q. mcgromblestein said...

I read that article, too, and really considered it. But I'm not married and we have sex pretty often anyway. I dunno... maybe i'll reconsider.

January 10, 2008 at 4:27 PM Anonymous said...

EVERYDAY!!!!!!!????????????

January 15, 2008 at 7:31 AM Lisa Zahn said...

I found your blog when I googled "resolution sex every day". Wasn't sure what I'd come up with, but thought I'd take a chance! I also read the Glamour piece and saw a couple on Oprah who'd been doing the same thing for 3 years. I took it as a sign and my DH and I have made the resolution this year. So far, so good!

Thanks for having the courage to put this on your blog. I don't think I'll post it to mine since I know my family is reading it, lol.

We've been married 12.5 years, kids are 8 and 10, so this is a much needed "replenishment" for us. Some nights I don't feel in the mood, but not too much. And I always get past it!

Hope you guys are having fun, too!

March 17, 2008 at 1:41 PM Danelle said...

Forwarding this to my husband, now...