Piggie flu


Photo from Here


Oh Swine flu... I don't know what to make of you. I think back about the Avian flu, SARS, Mad Cow Disease... I didn't get any of those. I didn't wear the masks or walk around constantly scared, then again none of those things had any direct impact on my life, swine flu is the same. No cases confirmed in my area and I'm a generally healthy person so I'm not all that worried.

What about you? Are y'all concerned about it? Do you live in an area where people are concerned? Are you seeing masks around town? Twitter's all abuzz and every major news station seems to have swine-flu-fever... Am I right in thinking the hype is worse than the actual problem here?



They totally made a poster for me


More swine flu lulz here!

2 comments:

April 30, 2009 at 11:44 AM Anonymous said...

There have been several confirmed cases in the DFW Metroplex area. They have closed down the FT. Worth school district until at least May 11th- as well as a few others. I haven't seen any masks as of yet although I'm sure I will.

For me, I'm like you. Generally healthy and not really all that bothered. None of the diseases you mentioned affected me either- although great lengths was taken to prevent their spread.

I'm not sure what to make of all this yet either. Maybe we could get together and have a glass of wine or two and not talk about it. :)

April 30, 2009 at 11:46 AM mama-lama-ding-dong said...

Wow! I'm surprised that the school is closed down!! That's wild, especially at the end of the semester!

I think that you've got an excellent plan there, my dear. Yes, lets!